Saturday, November 08, 2008

Basted in Blood

Subtle, I know, it's a strong point of mine. I'll move on from there, no need to beat a dead horse....but, please remember that no matter what trials and tribulations you've experienced, very few could match that which a turkey must endure on his path to your holiday table. So, it's that time again. Time to share the list of 26 reasons that I am thankful this Thanksgiving season. As in years past, this list is in no particular order...and all the reasons on the list from 2007 and 2006 still apply. Here we go...

1. Clara. I miss you, mommy's girl
2. My home
3. Candles that smell like tasty treats
4. Encouragement
5. Baked Ruffles
6. Arabic
7. Butterflies. Real and tummy ones
8. Big Hunks and Cherry Blow Pops
9. Hope. Even in it's tiniest measure
10. Fresh oranges sprinkled with pico de gallo
11. My friends and family - just the most amazing people
12. Dental floss. The minty kind
13. Sharpie pens. And no, I'm not a huffer
14. Songs. Too many to list, but they are my prescribed anti-depressant
15. The Sierra's
16. Falling in love, for a second
17. Scar tissue
18. Books
19. Whispers
20. 65,189,669 votes for change, and hopefully the end of America's war-mongering
21. Bubble bath and bath bombs
22. Forgiveness
23. Hair dye. The person who invented hair color needs to be given a major prize
24. Asics running shoes
25. The Sierra's
26. You, for continuing to come here and share the burden of my all consuming angst

Enjoy your holiday. May peace, health and love find you in the coming year. And if you've indulged in some blood basted carcass...you better hide from karma, because she'll be looking for you too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great list

durasoul said...

Vegetarian Times has a great cover spread this month for a holiday menu that I'm definitely going to be making: kind of a mushroom-cheesy variation on spanakopita, garlicky mashed sweet potatoes, and green beans with carmelized shallots. Looks *seriously* tasty, and pretty easy.

I love that you make this list each year.

Anonymous said...

Well, well, well. Another November and the Great List once again rises from the ashes of Thanksgiving's past. As always, the list is a very enertaining look back on the year through the words of Idolgirl. (I think Idolgirl is the next superhero movie craze waiting to happen). Here are a few from my ever-evolving list of things-that-require thanks:

1. Mexican food
2. The sushi place on my block that is quick, tasty, inexpensive, and friendly.
3. My guitar (which bitches constantly about the lack of attention she has been receiving)
4. Blockbuster online (I have no cable and TV sucks)
5. The internet (how else would I be here)
6. Kaiser hospital. (For my mom)
7. Hockey, my release
8. Mad River Brewing Co. Scotch Porter
9. Music in general
10. My new job (which I should be doing right now)
11. www.idol-girl.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Ok I watched the video. I laughed my fucking ass off. I thought I was going to piss myself toward the end. the serouisnes with which they were banging out kicks my ass, I am still smileing. You may have convinced me to for go the Turkey this year. I hope they do not release a sinle about cows. I do not think I could give it up.

I love Sara I may go check for new music right now.