Sunday, October 07, 2007

Send Me An Angel

....right now, right now. Do you remember that song? Circa 1983, the band was Real Life. So, it's fleet week in San Francisco. I don't generally keep up on things like that, but I had the good fortune to be sitting on the Bay Bridge yesterday just as the Blue Angels were doing their thing over the bay. Totally awesome! Let me just say, Naval Aviators...very hot! There is something especially tingly about watching a Boeing F/A-18 Hornet fly overhead at 700mph. The sound of those engines alone will do the trick for this girl. I was able to catch 30 minutes of the show, and next year - I'll be there for sure. If you are into jets, mach 1, and/or syncronized swimming for that matter...you should be there too. Incredible, and the most graceful thing I've happened upon in a long time. I left the city yesterday contemplating this thought: As humans, we really suck at simple stuff, like communicating. But we can sure build some friggin' amazing shit.

2 comments:

durasoul said...

They buzzed the bluegrass festival three or four times, usually just as someone on stage was in the middle of telling a story. I suspect a conspiracy.

Idol-girl said...

Sassy...with a dash of punk. Love them!